- To provide EA staff involved in multi-agency child protection and safeguarding processes and their line managers with an increased awareness and understanding of child protection and safeguarding and their role in protecting and supporting children & young people.
Participant will be able to:
- Understand the impact of current legislation, guidance and good practice in relation to child protection and safeguarding.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of physical, sexual, emotional abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Understand the impact upon children & young people of specific safeguarding issues such as domestic violence, child sexual exploitation and on-line safety and recognise safeguarding issues for children with increased vulnerabilities.
- Understand the messages for the education sector from recent SBNI Case Management Reviews and EA Individual Agency Reports.
- Understand their safeguarding roles and responsibilities.
- Identify other professional roles in the child protection process.
- Understand how allegations and complaints against staff are managed.
9.30am - 12.30pm
This training is targeted to Level 3 EA Staff